We finally received the funds from Paypal for our Aurora Shooting Benefit (they probabaly couldn’t believe we actually made money – and hell, we’d have problems believing that ourselves), so we were finally able to send that out:
We’d like to thank you all for making this happen (and personal emails will be heading out shortly, too).
And we’re still mixing last days last days; we hit a small snag when kirk’s day-job had a brainstorm in mid-July:
“Hey, wouldn’t it be really great to do something impossible in 45 days?”
“Yeah! And let’s get kirk to do it! He can work seven days a week & live in the parking garage! He’ll be sweating all the time so he won’t need showers – and we can feed him all that left-over cat food we found in the closet a year ago!”
“And if wife complains, we’ll send him home for a couple of hours before we drag his chain back.”
“Wow! That’s a great idea!”
(By the way, the preceding dialogue is not from an imaginary conversation.)
Anyway, when they loosen the chain slightly, we get to mix. And then we make some progress – until they yank that chain.
Rinse, lather, repeat.
So… we’re still mixing. And we WILL finish this album.
And the wait WILL be worth it.
We just wish they’d bought year-old Tender Vittles instead of that canned fishy stuff. The little bones stick in his teeth and the dog keeps trying to clean his face.
Let’s be honest – we’re complete doofuses at web design… but this WordPress set-up beats the hell out of the stupid construction page we’ve had up for the last 18 months.
Okay – so, umm, Howdy.
Here’s the latest news:
1. We’re FINALLY mixing last days last days – y’know, that album we’ve been working on (amidst various other projects) for the last 3+ years; 7-days-a-week since July 23rd of last year (tomorrow will be the one full year anniversary of nothing but wake-up/go-to-day-job/come-home/record last days last days/fall over/rinse, lather, repeat)…
..so, with any luck, IT WILL BE OUT SOON. VERY SOON.
This Time For Sure.
2. We’ve just released a brand new first-mix track from last days last days as a benefit for the Colorado Organization For Victim Assistance, who have been asked by the Aurora, Colorado PD to handle victim assistance for those harmed in the horrific July 19th/20th shooting incident there.
This is a big deal to us – but rather than reiterate something we’ve already written about in great detail, please go to our music page (which is temporarily our Bandcamp page) and find out how You can help people who are in need. And we thank you in advance for checking it out. (It’s really worth it.)
3. We still don’t have our site fully functional (we’d like to finish last days last days first), but we HAVE aggregated some of our feeds:
• If you want to see our Twitter Feed (we’re most active there) you can now go to tweets.anothercultland.com and see them all in one spot! (Courtesy of Twylah, one of the niftiest ideas in years.)
• Our most recent music (hey, it does exist) is at music.anothercultland.com (Bandcamp) and of course all of our music (well… what we’ll admit to, or have permission to post) can be found at our longtime home on alonetone, where you’ll find lots of other nifty music and a fine community as well. We’re still working on remastering & posting our entire back catalog on our site – this one you’re on right now – but that has to wait until we finish last days last days…
• And of course you can follow us on Twitter (@anothercultland) and Facebook. (We’ll try to keep the Facebook page more active – once we finish last days last days… hey, are you sensing a theme here?)
4. And then there’s this:
Yes. We have our own label, and now it’s affiliated with the wonderfully anarchic Any And All Records! (Be sure to check out our label-mates right here.)
Of course, there’s more news – but that will have to wait until… well, by now you should be able to fill in the rest of the sentence right here: _______________________
And with that, it’s time to get back to work. This album ain’t gonna mix itself – although we’d be really grateful if it did. (We keep hoping one morning we’ll wake up, come upstairs to the studio – and all the Little Mixing Elves will have been here, done their magic, and the album will be done! But… sad to say, those little buggers haven’t shown up yet. Or they snuck into the studio, saw what we were doing, and ran screaming into the night.)